Recently, I was talking to a young lady about a perfume I was wearing (Cabaret by Gres) and she volunteered that her favorite was Miss Dior. I I wouldn't say Absolutely Blooming is stronger, as it's such a different scent. I smell the reformulated Miss Dior (Cherie) now, and it's definitely not that. *throwing hands on the air in desperation*. Minna,alas, I don't have a ready made rec for your shopping needs :-( In this particular case I wouldn't even recommend Ebay, because it's one of the most counterfeited products there, so it's always risky.Your best bet is the slowest moving department store in your region, in the hopes that a lone bottle might be lurking someplace, though with the popularity of this one this is slim chances. Light and non-oily, it preserves the skin’s hydration for 6 hours, leaving it infinitely soft upon application. They share similar floral notes, and both are floral-fruity scents. (i.e. :-D. I wonder why they wouldn't make the stuff in plain good EdC concentration with some citruses and spices thrown in, in the good old cologne tradition. Then, it was reformulated again (at the start of 2012) and renamed as Miss Dior (Le Parfum) (instead of Miss Dior Chérie) at the same time that Miss Dior became Miss Dior Originale, so the 2011 version that you're familiar with will smell different to … Not that I will be banging down the doors of discounters and obscure retailers to get the old version myself, but...you know. OFFERS. Thanks! The Tom Ford Private Blend has always been a "niche" sub-line within a brand, exclusives with a high price tag and an invested in... Narciso Rodriguez most successful foray into fragrance so far has been his original Narciso For Her. I was randomly given Dior samples a while back, and fell in love with Cherie (thought the newer Miss Dior was okay, but I could really smell the moss). I was given an old version (by which I mean before the change to miss dior with no cherie on the carton). Its easy to apply formula combines the benefits of an enhancing body care with the freshness of a mist. Miss Dior is easily found online at the major perfume discounters. They say that there was never an original Miss Dior, and it's always been Miss Dior Cherie. There're other things to sniff. Hence my question, is it an orginal version of MDCh or is it after reformulation made by F. Demachy? my bottle of miss dior cherie edp has the paper label like the one you have labeled 2005, but the metal bow is like that of the 2008 (with the 2 sharp upper corners on the left of the bow). Her writing has been twice shortlisted in FIFI Editorial Excellence Awards and is extensively quoted by authors. Does anyone know which formulation that may have been? I don't understand it. My daughter was one at the time and maybe I was still sensitive to smells, but I ended up loathing it. :/, Hi!Thanks for the info. Public Space Perfume: Etiquette or Paranoia? – ‘Miss Dior Originale’ – The new name for what was called ‘Miss Dior’ (The one from 1947) As a quick trick – if it’s pink-ish, it’s the former Miss Dior Cherie. It was bitchy sweet like "endure me because I want to impose myself". Christian Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Eau De Toilette Spray for Women, 3.4 Ounce (Packaging may Vary) 4.5 out of 5 stars 304. After securing a lifetime supply of Dolce Vita, I'm done with Dior so they can continue to Miss Diorissimo, Dior Dior Diorling Eau Fraiche Eau Printemps Cologne Florale que je non adore pas and beyond. Collection: Miss Dior ... MISS DIOR BLOOMING BOUQUET 50ml OFFER: Indulge yourself with a complimentary body lotion and hand cream. I, too, was told that the original Miss Dior was the (Cherie). Not that I am in the market for any of the Cheries but the confusion just enrages me. Yup, I think the newer ones do feel more like Cmlle than anything else. Oh well... Civava,you're wise! I've been in a couple of shops, but the saleswomen keep saying the two fragrances are the same (now I know they are not, and I wasn't imagining a difference).I see that the Miss Dior Cherie EDP is shown in different packaging (one with big silver letters, and one with a white label). The difference lies in the volume of perfume oil. Originally conceived in 1947 by Dior himself, it was designed to embody the essence and silhouette of his New Look, it was to represent femininity, strength, rebellion, confidence. She will know then...The Originale does seem rather obscure, doesn't it? The tester you mention is definitely the old old one (which is strange as you'd think after all those years the tester would have been empty by now, since so many people test this one casually when browsing, so they clearly are getting old stock). Miss Dior Eau de Parfum (2017) by Christian Dior is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Every time I go to a fragrance counter, the women have no idea what I'm talking about when I say "the Original Miss Dior." Odd...let's hope it doesn't become an "exclsuive" or something, just to keep a piece of perfume history in the house. Relax and next time just bring your own bottle, spray on a blotter and tell her" smell, is that the same?" Help me understand the difference between these Dior scents. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Sandy Sky: I am an independent makeup artist spent 5 years working on the Christian Dior counter – 2000-2005. But mostly, it was created to smell like love... if … The newest reformulation was effective in batches of 2011. I must say, that in the boots I got my one from, there were a tester of old miss dior cherie , which ihave no doubts about since it was a very first version of flacon with silver writting on it ;). Interviews regarding Vosnaki's unique status as perfume historian & writer appear in VOGUE Hellas, the reformulation and name change of a very popular Dior perfume, the coquette Miss Dior Ch, Dior's girl is grown up and is now a woman who loves, fronted in the advertisements by Natalie Portman, different flankers/perfume editions of Dior Poisons, flankers/limited editions of Dior best-seller J'Adore, group of fragrance editions by Rodriguez Narciso For Her with their differences highlighted, Etro Via Verri original and reformulated editions, fragrance editions of Flower by Kenzo compared to one another (with pics), Hermes Merveilles perfume range different editions, Etat Libre d'Orange R.Mouret Une Amourette, Guerlain Les Absolus d'Orient Cuir Intense, Egyptian Elixirs: Passage to Another World. [One memorable one at Guerlain with several different Aqua Allegoria testers in front of her saw me spraying one, then smile, so she grabbed the tester, read the name of the line underneath and told me "this is a spectacular fragrance, Aqua Allegoria!" I think it's safe to say whether you're a Miss Dior, Miss Dior Cherie, or "whatever else they come up with"--fan, your fuming. FASHION & ACCESSORIES. I understand that Eau is the latest "direction" but really...why confuse things? During that time J’adore was their “star” fragrance. The collection includes a timeless duo of fragrances, Miss Dior Originale (formerly Miss Dior) and Miss Dior (formerly Miss Dior Cherie), each embossed with a chic dogtooth pattern and tied up with a bow. Perfume lovers are to be indulged. How can this have been succesful? These fragrances ... the leader in fragrance information in Greek, as well as a senior editor for the top english-speaking. Miss Dior and Miss Dior Originale, 2011 Finally, in 2011 the Miss Dior Cherie perfume line was renamed to simply Miss Dior, while the original (and legendary) Miss Dior was renamed Miss Dior Originale (confused yet?). She is an evaluating expert on Osmoz.com. There's an audience for that, always. Miss Dior is an iconic headline fragrance from the House of Dior. Probably she wore the new, that "miss" thing hints at something young and this is probably why they kept it. Absoluetly Blooming is brand new, and features different fruit, as it has berries. The original original (2005) has the silver, the first reformulation (non Demachy) has the label. You might be able to help me; I'm grasping at straws!I thought that I was mistaken in thinking that it was myself that had changed and not the perfume. Airy and sensual, Miss Dior Silky Body Mist delicately perfumes and beautifies the skin. That was the packaging circa that period, I recall.If you refer to the Miss Dior Cherie, it should be clear from the article and the pics which one it was, surely? Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming. Miss Dior is always depicted in opulent interiors and thus embodies a “well-bred” girl of high social standing. the lid has CD on top but the spray button does not. Perfumeshrine..I hope The fragrance doesn't change to much.. I fell in love with Miss Dior back in November-December 2011, but never bought it. There is no clear indication from the company as to which month (wish they'd stamp out production just like with wines), but by the roll of spring releases (these are announced in February) there was the change, so it follows that the production of the bottles must have preceded by a couple of months before -at least! I am not interested in buying a bottle off of eBay.Many thanks in advance! I have a Q.I bought the vesion of 2008 in mid 2011 (its the same bottle that you posted)..the new version, reformulated of 2011 the one with the pale ribbon.. the notes are different from the 2008 version?? Perfume Concentration: EDT,EDP,PDT,extrait etc. Perfumeshrine,Thx for yoor answer. In fact, of course, this aroma is suitable for all women at any age, because Miss Dior Le Parfum is a superb scent from the category of those the can be proudly called - … I would be grateful if somebody could help me because despite having read the whole article i cannot still tell which one I have?Many thanks in advanced. The new Miss Dior has more obvious patchouli and sandalwood notes. Although received knowledge wants fragrance concentration to be synonymous with lasting power and "strength" of the scent, largely... "Exclusive to Fresh retail stores, The Fragrance Bar features nostalgic favorites brought back by consumer-request. Yes it does.. Her writing has been twice shortlisted in FIFI Editorial Excellence Awards and is extensively quoted by authors. EDPs, therefore, last longer and smell more intense. From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations, Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills, Ask questions, join challenges, and get recommendations from people like you, Discover topics tailored to your beauty interests, Add your photos and get inspired by fellow beauty lovers, Sign in to Sephora for a more personalized experience, Reorder it from in-store and online purchases, Complete your beauty traits for personalized recommendations, Payments, contact info, addresses and password. ),I believe what you have is the Nagel composition (considered the best). I hope this is clearer?Does your bottle have a label or silver writing? AM,I could yield my clenched fist on and on to powers that be but what does it accomplish? )I believe the pictures above more than anything will guide you into differentiating the EDP Cherie you're interested in. Thankfully I was smart enough some time ago when Douglas parfumery got closed, that I bought the real Miss Dior. Then again, what do I know, it might be nice enough, though I'm not holding my breath. Rouge Dior Couture Collection. $80.95. There’s a very big difference between what Dior puts out on the high street and what it keeps as a more exclusive and luxury offering in fragrance. Absolutely Blooming starts out with a blend of pomegranate, raspberry, and white musk. Anon,this is the line they're being fed, no doubt. I must have argued with the woman behind the Dior counter at Macy's for at least 10 minutes. $105.00 Free gift with purchase Free gift with purchase (2393) more like this. Interviews regarding Vosnaki's unique status as perfume historian & writer appear in VOGUE Hellas, ICON Magazine and Queen.gr. Almost everything has been said about this classic of classics that saw the light of day in 1947, so I won’t bore you with the same old, same old about the New Look and how it … Now it's not so much as an inoffensive type of scent like a hundred others. Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Hi! Miss Dior Chérie was originally released in 2005. this is the formulation i'd like to get my hands on. 15 offers from $65.97. That perfume has been reformulated since then (partly due to IFRA's rules about real oakmoss.) The rest is de trop, just to bring out yet another release. It was cavity-inducing sweet! Buying counterfeit perfume can not only make you feel tricked and upset, but it can also be harmful to your health. Miss Dior Eau de Parfum, Dior is launching a new campaign alongside the face of the perfume, Natalie Portman. Enfant de Miss Dior composé par sous l’égide de Christian Dior et de Paul Vacher en 1947, Miss Dior Chérie a osé venir bousculer le « parfum de l’amour » pour le proposer en 2005 à une génération de jeunes femmes du nouveau millénaire, bien loin des dames de 1947. Now, Miss Dior Chérie is renamed Miss Dior, while the “real” Miss Dior (the one dating to 1947) is to … Click here to try: Christian Dior Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming Women’s Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.4 Ounce. But they bring out something out every six months at least...New always draws interest in their eyes, I guess. Ridiculous to say the least! BUT, i looked at there seem to be a stronger version of it out there and id love to get that too. Without taking the risk of buying it automatically i wanted to ask, what is the difference between the original and the absolute one. In that circle of hell one would also find the many flankers and editions of J'Adore. Monthly Favorites: November 2020 Edition! I see it however being a bit hidden behind the counter, so I'm a bit trepidating with anxiety these days. Hi again and you're welcome. Oh, my lousy French. I find it to be much sweeter, like syrup almost, and somewhat richer. But in my case I feel disappointed. I so wanted to “love” it as much as we were made to feel we should. Oh my goodness, this is so confusing! So they can actually stop producing it.Someone shoud congratulate them on creating confusion. Yet her youth and social status do not imply chastity. Would you have any recommendations that I can pursue? Re: Help me understand the difference between these Dior scents. While EDT contains five to nine percent, EDP contains more, usually eight to 14 percent. custom-sephora-footer-social-link.text-07. Is that going to be the Nagel formulation, the Demachy formulation, or something entirely different? It has just the … There's no logic there, as there's certainly enough perfume on the market already to take us all to the grave without launching anything new for the forseeable future. While it's more likely you'll come across a fake perfume while browsing flea market stalls, most consumers are unaware that highly sophisticated knock-offs are also finding their way onto the shelves of large fragrance shops. Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming is a sweet (as in nice) fragrance but you can tell it’s a ‘please all’ perfume rather than one with individuality. Better help people at least get what they like. Thanks. Posted by Anonymous on Tue, 02/26/2013 - 7:24 PM Dior came out with Miss Dior EDT first, this was in 2007, however, in 2010, they decided to come up with Miss Dior EDP, the notes and color are in fact different, as you can see. Along with Dior Addict and J’Adore, Miss Dior is an iconic pillar of the Dior fragrance house. Miss Dior Le Parfum is primarily for Miss, for a girl in her 20s, mid -20s, confident and as chic as Miss Dior Le Parfum by Dior. ... and the society set, but also has solidified Dior's reputation as one of the most unabashedly stylish beauty brands in the world. Blooming Bouquet is sweet, but still somewhat light with fresher fruit (apricot, peach, Mandarin). Miss Dior was originally launched back in 1947. As for passing the name of the 1947 fragrance on to the candy fruit stuff of recent times - that decision by Dior passeth all understanding. TFC,indeed! There's already one Eau in the Miss Dior Cherie line and an Eau Fraiche in the Creations de M.rDior line. Or it would but someone would have to try something untried.Whatevs. Pity for Demachy, having to work on endless re-spins on everything. I've recently bought a new bottle of MDCh in Boot's store. I'd try to find it in store or get a sample to test if you can! It's a mossy, aldehydic chypre. Respecting a Perfume vs. Actually Wearing It, War of the Worlds: Naturals vs Synthetics, with Perfumers & Industry Insiders (by name), How to Calculate How Much Perfume is Left, How to Pick Different Editions & Date Vintage, How to Successfully Do Fragrance Layering. She is an evaluating expert on Osmoz.com. Most Popular Fragrances Per Country & Per Year, Fragrance Layering: Tips by Kukdjian & Lutens, Perfume Timelines: Fragrance as a Time Capsule, Sensuous Suntan Lotion Smell: Perfumes to Oils, Reviews & History of Rare/Cult/Vintage Fragrances, Myth Debunking 1: What Are Aldehydes, How do Aldehydes Smell and Chanel No.5, Frequent Questions: The Difference between the various Christian Dior "Poison" fragrances, When Someone Usurps your Signature Fragrance, Tom Ford Current & Discontinued Fragrances: A List (Work in Progress), Frequent Questions: the differences between concentrations of Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Definition: Resinous & Balsamic Fragrances, Myth Busting: What Fragrance Concentration Really Means (Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Cologne, Extrait de Parfum, Parfum de Toilette, After Shave, Mist etc), Fresh Index: Bringing Back Favourites by Public Demand, Miss Dior Cherie~ L.to R: Eau, EDP, EDT 2008 presentation, Miss Dior (Cherie) reformulated 2011 "couture" edition.